Thursday, June 05, 2008

That's Me, The Reading Machine

Started and finished Waiting for Daisy by Peggy Orenstein last night. Yes, I truly am a reading machine. It's a sickness, but one that I have to say I enjoy. (TLS keeps saying that our house is going to sink to the center of the earth due to the weight of all the books in it, but I think he's just being cranky.) Liked it. It was one woman's journey through infertility and ultimately becoming a mother. I have a feeling that I connected to this book in much the same way that one of my friends connected with Eat, Pray, Love, which I liked but didn't particularly "get". I'd been in Peggy Orenstein's shoes, thought her thoughts, and felt her emotions. Of course, she managed to snag the holy grail of fertility. And me? Not so much. Maybe there's a place out there for a book with my observations. Hmmmm.