Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Post Where Inertia Girl Reveals Herself to the World

I am the object at rest who wants to remain at rest. Really. Case in point: My husband (hereafter to be refered to as The Living Saint or TLS) and I dated for three years (and lived together for almost two of those three) before we got married. Not because we didn't want to get married but mostly because it would have meant actually getting up off our duffs and doing something--planning a wedding, buying a ring, etc. You get the idea. (We've been married almost fourteen years now, so there must be something besides inertia at work in our relationship, but it does help in the longevity department.)

I like to think about things, at length, before any course of action. I also constantly think about random things. Example: TLS and I were sitting at the International House of Pancakes several years ago enjoying our Rootie Tootie Fresh and Fruity Breakfasts. We'd just been discussing how hot our Texas summer would be that year (hot as Hades, as usual). Things had been silent for several minutes while we ate our fruit pancakes. I turned to TLS and asked the burning question, "Do you ever wonder why we don't just have two gigantic teeth? One all the way across the top and one all the way across the bottom?" As you might imagine, there was a moment or two of stunned silence before TLS (Is there any question in your mind now why I call him The Living Saint?) managed to say, "No" while trying not to choke on his scrambled eggs. I had just been thinking that the cause of some cavities is the food that gets stuck between your teeth and if you didn't have any space between your teeth, voila, no cavities! TLS pointed out to me that not only would those gigantic teeth be an absolute b***h when they came out of your gums but that once you lost one you'd be completely screwed in the chewing department. I love that man. He keeps me grounded in reality. (And he makes me laugh. Alot.)

Well, that's all for now. I've probably revealed enough of my insanity for today.

Hugs and Kisses,
Inertia Girl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I sure enjoy your writing and I look forward to more insight on days other than 3rd Tuesdays! B