Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving Greetings

So here's what's on my agenda today:

Working from home, which I thought would mean a nice quiet day to leisurely get through the few things that people would need, but has turned into everyone freaking out because of the four day weekend.

Starting on the Thanksgiving cooking. I'm about to go start on my Carmel Pudding Tart with Almond Shortbread Crust. I love this dessert and it is quite a show-stopper, but I also like to call it my Two-Day Dessert. I need to make the crust today and freeze it overnight before baking it tomorrow morning (or maybe, now that I think about it, late tonight since the oven is going to be full of turkey come tomorrow morning).

This is about when all my entertaining anxiety starts to reach a fevered pitch. I need to start chanting to myself, "Everything will be fine. Everything will be fine."

A happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope you all eat to your heart's content and then watch the Cowboys beat the Jets tomorrow afternoon. (Hey, I can't help it. I'm a fan!)

No comments: