Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Goofy Grin? Check!

As detailed in this post, I went to read to the preschool kids again today. I was greeted, as usual, by "Hello Miss!" and many excited questions about what books I was going to read. I had been warned by one of the teachers that the kids were having a hard week, since one of the teachers had left and they were trying to get used to her replacement. They did seem to be a little less attentive than usual, but as a whole three year olds aren't known for their attention spans anyway, so it was pretty much business as usual--talking over those kids who were doing everything except listening. But by the time I read the last book, Green Eggs and Ham, everyone was following along. When I told them I had to go, but that I'd be back soon, everyone rushed me for one gigantic group hug. The closest little girl latched on to me and held on for dear life. I had to peel little arms and legs off of me to get out of the room. It was a sight so absolutely, adorably cute that I still have a goofy grin on my face.

No comments: