Friday, January 25, 2008

Brrrrrrr!

Greetings, blog readers! This message is coming to you from Cleveland, Ohio.

I walked the three blocks from my hotel to the office this morning and the thermometer on the Huntington Building said a whopping 13 degrees. I almost took a picture of it with my cell phone, but figured that I might look more than a little insane (or have someone turn me in as a possible terrorist). I did take a couple of pictures from my hotel room window last night and if I can figure out how to get them from my phone to the blog, I'll post them for everyone to enjoy.

Things I could see from my hotel room:
  • The Cleveland Public Library (be still my heart!)
  • Cleveland Browns Stadium
  • Lake Erie
One of my co-workers who was also staying there was jealous, since her view only included the back of the building next door. Lucky me.

I really like the "oldness" of the buildings downtown here. It's so much less sterile than the glass and metal buildings of downtown Dallas. TLS said that if I wanted to move here, I was on my own, so I guess that isn't in the cards!

No comments: