Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Baby, It's Windy Outside

The Dallas area is on its second day of a Red Flag Warning due to high winds. Yesterday, the sustained winds were in the 40 mph range with gusts up to 60 mph. I work in a high rise office building on the 19th floor and you could hear the building creaking and once I swear I actually felt the building sway. I've found that it is best in those situations to remind yourself that is a good thing that the building moves with the wind; if it didn't, it could fall down due to the stresses.

When I was going on the second or third hour of hearing the creaking and groaning, I found what helped most was pretending that those sounds were actually occurring because I was on a wooden sailboat in the Caribbean--drinking a fruity rum drink, listening to some party music and getting a tan. (I never said I wasn't weird!)

No need as of yet to picture the blue water and puffy white clouds of the sea, but the day is still young. Wherever you are, try to stay warm, dry and out of the wind.

No comments: