Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bullet Points Are Going To Have To Suffice

Hola, blog-reading public, such that you are! Greetings from the Land of Total Insanity.

I came back from vacation to several projects at work that hadn't miraculously finished themselves while I was gone and graduate school looming. The projects are still in process, but I am thankfully making some progress with them. D-Day for G-School arrived bright and early (8 a.m.) last Saturday morning. It was an eight hour day packed full of educational goodness and has ushered in a new era in the life of Inertia Girl. I am calling this the Era of Anxiety. I thought at one point yesterday that my head was going to explode (or as TLS so aptly described it "experience cranial detonation") due to the number and variety of things on my to-do list. Luckly, I didn't suffer the destruction of any of my body parts and I've vowed to take a few minutes each day to get away from the grind. This will include blog posting. Hooray for you guys!

Highlights from vacation and the first day of school (with full description...coming soon):
  • TLS's bottle of orange soda creating its own geyser while at Yellowstone
  • Description (and photo or photos) of our glider rides in front of the Tetons
  • Why we believe that it must be mandatory for people to leave their brains at the park entrance to Yellowstone
  • An estimate of the number of potato plants we saw in Idaho
  • Description of my first class, complete with dorky name badge and new spiral notebook
  • How I managed to find my new BFF*, who is in two of my classes, a discussion group and a work group with me

*BFF=Best Friend Forever

No comments: