Monday, March 17, 2008

Possible Karmic Reasons I Don't Have A Baby

I was talking with my friend Amy (shout out!) today at lunch. She is pregnant with her third child and at her last doctor visit, they found out that after two girls, they are finally having a boy. (And there was much rejoicing by her husband after that discovery.) They thankfully already have a boy's name picked out that everyone can agree on, which is good because the girl's name issue would have been a tad bit contentious. She had already had an irritated conversation with her sister-in-law which resulted in the S-I-L giving a little sniff and huh?! after each name choice. I try to follow a general rule when someone tells me their (totally insane) baby name choice--I smile and say, "What a beautiful name." (While inside my head I say things like, "Oh dear, sweet lord, what would possess someone to name their baby THAT?!) At our conversation today, I told Amy that if I were pregnant, I would probably make up a completely bizarro fake name to tell people just to get their reactions. (Like Amazonia Jane or Crabapple Pilot) Perhaps karma doesn't have my sense of humor...

No comments: