Thursday, March 27, 2008

Long Time, No See

O.K. So I know that I've been absent for a few days on the ol' blog. Hopefully someone missed my unique (read: strange) sense of humor or maybe it was just like in the old westerns when the wind whistles down the empty streets and a tumbleweed goes bouncing down the wooden sidewalk. (Sometimes I amaze even myself with the weird stuff that comes out of my brain.) Anyway, back to reality...

I don't have a real excuse. I think it was a combination of not having much to say and the perfectionist in me not wanting to start on something unless it could be "perfect". (Whew, there's nothing like putting all of your insecurities and neuroses out on the Internet for everyone to see.)

It is my favorite time of the year in North Texas. Bluebonnet time! Hooray! Just last week I was thinking, "Where are the bluebonnets?" and then, lo, I saw my first clump by the side of the highway. I know it's all Texan-ist (Texas chauvanist) of me, but there is something about the state flower growing happily along our roadsides that makes my heart full. And don't ask how I know they are happy, I just know. They are all blue and white and cute and lovable. Like this. Also, during the height of the season, you'll see people who have pulled off to take pictures of their kids among the flowers. I even once saw a bridal photo shoot taking place along Interstate 30 and I have to say that the white dress looked gorgeous next to the vivid blue and green. I feel the cockles of my heart being warmed even now!

No comments: