Saturday, March 22, 2008

Just Call Me "Inertia Holmes"

At work on Friday while walking down the hall, I found $15 in cash lying on the floor. (It was a ten and a five.) After looking around and wondering if I was experiencing an Easter morality test or some kind of sociological experiment, I went to the office closest to the found money and asked the girl who works in there (I know her) if she had by chance dropped the cash. It wasn't hers, but she thought it might be one of the other campus recruiter's so off we went to her office. No luck. Girl #1 said that she'd keep the money in her office in case anyone came looking. I continued off on my merry way, but apparently my subconscious was "on the case" because as I was talking to someone else, I realized that it was probably change for a twenty dollar bill. Our office is in the midst of fundraising for March of Dimes and with a five-dollar donation per week, we can wear jeans on Friday. I know the girl in charge of selling jeans stickers, so off I went to her desk. I asked if someone had paid with a twenty and been given a ten and a five back. With a weird expression, she said, "Yeah. How did know that?" I explained what happened and she said while she didn't know the girl's name, she knew about where she sat. We went and found the owner of the cash and reunited her with the moolah. It was a Good Friday, for sure.

No comments: