Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Graduate School Update

I started this blog about the same time that I started the graduate school application process and just realized that I hadn't updated you on how that's going. I'd love to say that millions of things were happening behind the scenes and I just hadn't been sharing them with you, but I'd be lying. Mostly, I was overtaken by a large blob of inertia. (Ooh, that's so out of character, INERTIA GIRL!) The final thing I needed to do was write a one to two page essay on My Statement of Purposes and Goals and I just couldn't seem to compose it. I could write paragraph after paragraph about spiders in the kitchen and what I did for New Years (good lord!) but couldn't seem to get motivated or excited about this thing. Every couple weeks or so, I'd dutifully open up the file and write a few sentences and then I'd get frustrated and leave it for another day. Well, I'm here to say that I think I've finally finished it. I'm still not sure that it's what they are looking for, but I hope that it is good enough. The baby needs to leave the nest so I can get this show on the road. (To mix a metaphor or two...)

Oh, and I know what you're thinking; and no, I'm not going to post the essay here. I don't know why posting about drunken revelry doesn't bother me, but just the thought of putting my purposes and goals out here makes me break into a cold sweat. (All part of being human, I suppose.)

I'll keep you informed when I get the official letter from the school. (Fingers crossed, Internet!)

No comments: