Friday, December 28, 2007

'Twas The Blog After Christmas

...with sincerest apologies to Clement Clark Moore

The Blog After Christmas
'Twas a few days after Christmas, and all through the blog,
Not a post to be had, not even 'bout the dog.

All the readers were totally bummed,
Wishing that I would write something that hummed;

Gifts given, received and family fed,
I struggle to come up with something to be read;
Now TLS in his work duds and I in my jeans,
Have just settled down to keep working for our means;
When out on the Internet there arose such a clamor,
I sprang to google at Google to see what was the matter.
Pakistan's burning, war in Iraq;
The news just makes my forehead call out for a smack.
Won't write about death or destruction or pain,
But does anyone want to read about our holiday menu again?
What I am wishing would come through the door?
Blog topics, clever words, and funny items galore.

Oh, blogging muse, come visit again;
Don't tell me I've started this dang-fool thing in vain.
What will I write about? What will I share?
Something will come to me; I mustn't despair.

Suddenly a vision: a blinding white light;
Telling old stories and anecdotes to delight
Will keep you all laughing far into '08,
And then my alter-ego I can further create.

So from me and TLS, this poem shines bright;
Happy New Year to all and to all a good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, so nice to read what's really been going on in your heart these days...so much pain and yet you ability to face what's happened to you and TLS is amazing. What a blessing to come to a place where you could finally throw that stuff away! Good for you! THanks for writing this stuff because personally I find that it helps me know you better and to sit back and enjoy such wonderful writing. You are a gifted, and loving person. Have you thought about writing a book based on your experiences? I think there would be many who would be thankful to see it and to know they weren't alone in their difficulties. Just a thought.