Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm Still Seething...

This article was the lead story on the news this morning in my area. Go out and read it; I'll wait. (Just to warn you, when you return, I'm going to climb up on my soapbox and start ranting. I totally understand if that's not your cup of tea, so I'm giving you permission to bow out gracefully.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Where do I start on the things that angered me about this incident?
Let's see, could it be the 17 year old mother of a three year old and a 22-month old?
How about having those two children riding around in a vehicle after midnight instead of home asleep?
In a van driven by your drunken cousin?
NOT STRAPPED IN?!?!
A tragic accident? Yes, but totally avoidable.

Don't think me a hard-hearted b***h. I will channel some holiday forgiveness and goodwill toward the mother who just lost her oldest child, but not before I marinate a little longer in my righteous indignation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Culling the herd, honey. Culling the herd.