Sunday, July 31, 2011

Another Good Book

I just finished reading A Good Hard Look by Ann NapolitanoLoved it.  The author took the famous author Flannery O'Connor and her hometown of Milledgeville, Georgia and crafted a fictionalized story of love and loss on top of them.  A couple of plot points flirted with melodrama and cliche, but Ms. Napolitano's beautiful prose made them rise above the ordinary. I have a feeling that I'll be thinking about this one for days, wondering what the characters did after the end of the novel. Someone in Hollywood will want to make this into a movie and I admit that I'll most likely end up buying a ticket. And bringing a hankey.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Just so you know, I'm reading your blog. I have a weekly rotation where I check all of my family's blogs. Ryan's two sisters, Shane, you, some girl from college. It's fun.